While going through old files on my computer, I just found something I wrote several years ago. Besides being fabulously atrocious, it reminded me that, at the time, I was waiting for something, treading water in a cesspool of my own indecision. I never did figure out what I was waiting for, but I finally found the ladder and pulled myself out.
If I could get my blasted time machine working again, go back, and say only 5 things to my past self, here’s what I would say:
1. The future is now. This is the future. Is it what you expected?
2. You could die tomorrow. If you did, would you be happy with what you did and how you spent your life?
3. Inspiration arrives when the conditions are right. Are you creating the right conditions?
4. You don’t need permission. Does anyone even have the right to grant you permission?
5. Here’s a list of all the winning lottery numbers for the next few years. Now that you don’t have to worry about money, what will you do?
Over to you. If I loaned you my time machine and it worked long enough that you could go back and say a thing or two to your old self, what would you say?
Photo Credit: Bubble-Gum